I just love these – great alternative to ‘traditional’ mincepies 🙂
I thought I would try a few ideas for variations on traditional mince pies.
Here are the results…
Samosa’s & Hearts
You will need the following:
- approx 800g of traditional mince meat, I used Waitrose luxury mince meat (vegetarian)
- a pack of filo pastry – for the samosa’s
- pack of puff pastry – for the harts
- a pastry brush and a little water in a cup
- your choice of cookie cutter, I used a heart
- icing sugar for dusting and
- flour to prepare the surface
For the Hearts
First thing is to pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees.
Then lightly dust the work surface and roll out the puff pastry.
Cut out the shapes and add about 1tsp of mincemeat to the middle of each heart.
Pop these into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Turn down the oven to 150 degrees and allow each layer to…
View original post 206 more words